Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HERRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letter written December 24, 2012


Well this week was quite the work week!  Elder Pereira got chicken pox, soooooooo he stayed all week in the house with Elder Santos because Elder Santos has already had chicken pox before.  Chicken Pox is called Catapora here so I kept calling Elder Pereira, Elder Cataporeira.  I think he apreciated it  =)  So I worked all week with Elder Guerra working both of our areas.  My goodness.  I was super nervous.  I did not want to work with him . . . Haha.  BUT . . . We worked hard and settled a lot of our differences.  I like him a lot as a friend.  Just the way we work and teach is totally opposite so that was hard for me.  He is suuuuper high strung and doesn’t relax and I just . . . Like being relaxed . . . Ya know?  So it was tough at times but overall it was good!!!  We walked a toooooon because we had to work the two areas and obviously our numbers were a little lower but we did our best!

Experience of the week:  We were teaching this super legit family of about six or seven people that have the desire to be baptized.  One of the kids didn’t really want to after we taught him the third lesson but we returned the next day and taught the Restoration. Now, I don’t really know what happened, but I started bearing my testimony after the First Vision about baptism or something like that . . . I honestly don’t remember what I said.  It honestly was not me talking.  It was the craziest/coolest experience.  Normally that family doesn’t stop talking, but when this moment happened everyone was DEAD SILENT.  And as I looked around I had everyone’s attention to the mmmmmmaaaaax.  The best part was that kid, Wil, who didn’t want to be baptized, looked awestruck.  His jaw was dropped a little bit and his eyes were all wide.  And right when I finished talking he said, "I think I want to be baptized."  YEAH!  YOU BET YOUR CRAP YOU WANNA BE BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GOSH that was such an amazing experience.  Moments with the Spirit like that are so very rare.  I will never ever ever forget that moment!

We had four of that family at church this week which was pretty cool.  It’s the most investigators I have had at church in a looooong time.  People don’t like to keep commitments here so, ya know . . . It’s difficult.  But what was cool was that I had fasted for this blessing last week and got nothing . . . I was really sad and disappointed but soon after I got this feeling saying, "You already know that the time of the Lord is different than yours, so just relax."  So I did.  Or I tried.  But had this feeling it would be next week.  Preparing for church and going there it looked like nothing would pull through but when the dust settled, we had four investigators at church.  I absolutely despise the Lord´s time.  But the moment we learn that our blessings will arrive when the Lord wants and needs them to, we can live a much happier and peaceful life.  Should be the goal right?
        
All in all, a solid week!  I think I will still be working with Elder Guerra for a few days because Pereira isn’t totally better yet.  But it’s all good.  Everything happens for a reason  =)  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,  Elder Dylan Miles Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment