Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Well, hello world! It’s been a while! #ThatsNotALadyAntebellumQuote


This week was a good one, but a tough one!  Elder Pereira was sick all week again, so I was still with Elder Guerra working two areas!  We sure did learn how to walk well . . . Haha . . . But it was good.  Numbers were super low, but we still had one baptism of João Paulo on Friday which made it all worth the hard work.  Gosh the week FLEW by.  I gave my first training for my District on Wednesday as well and well that went way better than I thought it would!
      
It was so incredibly delicious to talk to the fam bam on Christmas!  Yeah afterwards was a little tough so I just got up and forced Elder Guerra to work even though he didn’t want to because it was Christmas . . . Haha.  There was nooooooo way I was staying in the house all day just to think about home!  I have too much work to do!  But the Skype Conversation completely rejuvenated my Spiritual Jibes and I got out there with more energy than I had had before for sure.  Talking with family and friends and letters and all that gets me pumped up and makes me want to make everyone proud.  Soooo keep up the good work everyone!
      
I had a pretty darn cool experience yesterday!  This week when Elder Guerra and I had a few extra minutes we decided to visit a few other churches to see what they are really like.  Seeing as I had never actually visited any other church I thought I would use the COUNTLESS number of churches here to my advantage and try to understand other peoples’ views a little bit better when it comes to religion.  We visited a Pentecostal church that was insane with lots of yelling and a Baptist church that was just some old guy talking.  Lots of Apostasy going on if I may say so.  Even at the Baptist church, the pastor pointed out something that was wrong in the Bible and of course . . . No one seemed to take note . . . Ummmm . . . HELLO!?  You just admitted that the Bible isn’t complete!  Anyway . . . Last night we visited some other Pentecostal church and I wasn’t there for 45 seconds before the Spirit started working reeeeeeally strongly inside of me.  The pastor started yelling to teach and everyone was shouting "amen" and all that good stuff.  And it just hit me SO HARD the religious confusion that this world has.  The majority of people don’t get it that all these churches are different and they can’t all be from the same God. God isn’t a God of disorder and confusion.  On the contrary, he has PERFECT explanations and PERFECT order.  We have so many churches that speak the words of the Bible, and yet lack the true authority of God.  All think they have "authority" from God.  But God gives authority to every church and every man who reads the Bible and teaches things in his own way?  No.  Absolutely not.  If God really exists, he has an order.  To have an order you need leaders.  To be a real leader, a leader CALLED BY GOD HIMSELF, you have to have the authority of God.  All these people in our day today are so lost because they "like" their church.  Not because it is true or really of God, but because they have good music and friends there.  It was the first time in my life that I felt legitimate sadness for the confusion in our world.  I felt what some of the Prophets in the Book of Mormon have spoken.  How they want to help these people, but the Devil has blinded their eyes with the thiiiiickest lace on Earth.
           
In that moment I realized just how much work we truly have to do.  And not just missionaries. Every member.  We have so many souls to save.  We have to get to work.  I learned all this in a matter of two minutes, and then the Spirit told me it was time to leave.  And honestly, all I wanted to do after was knock doors.  And so we did  =)  The Church is true.  God exists.  The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored and thus, so has our Salvation.
        
I love you all! Be good, be safe! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment