Monday, January 21, 2013

Hey!!!!!!!!!


OPACANISTAR.

I don’t really know what that means, but there is a super popular techno song here that says something like that a ton!
        
Well . . . Let’s see what we’ve got here!  As most of us know, the worst moments are the moments that we learn the most.  This weekend was a "worst moment".  Stupid things happening here and there that just added more stress and my companion can be kind of difficult.  I came to realize that I was lacking something . . . The Spirit.  I was feeling totally destroyed last night when I realized, "Hey, Elder Langlois is my Zone Leader now!  I can call him whenever I want to get advice!"  I can’t explain how much of a revelation it was to put him as my Zone Leader.  I needed so much more than anything in that moment a really good friend that I could talk to and get some help.  So I called him and, well, at the end of that conversation, I knew what I needed to do and how I could improve.  I couldn’t be more blessed than I was at that moment to have Elder Langlois in my life.  It really made me realize that we go to our areas because the Spirit tells President Gonzaga.  Cool experience =)
        
I also learned a lot about pride this week.  Someone tell me how pride is so sneaky and so terrible?  It just sloooooowly lurks its way into our hearts and before we know it we are way more prideful than we think. I realized this week that I have been rather prideful with Elder Augusto because I just thought I had to do everything.  I forgot that we ALWAYS have something to learn from our companions.  We ALWAYS have a way to improve together IF we are open to that reality.  We can’t straight up change anyone no matter how insane they may be.  But we CAN learn to love them and work with them.  Is it difficult?  Yes.  Is it worth it in the end?  SO much more than we can imagine  =)
         
This weekend I had the chance to sit right in front of Bishop Stevenson (The Presiding Bishop) at our Stake Conference along with his wife.  It was awesome to hear English there again . . . Haha . . . Afterward, Julio (WHO WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and our next baptism, Clayton, wanted to talk with him and his translator wasn’t with him for a moment.  Sooooooo . . . YES!  I got to translate briefly for the Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Very memorable! SUPER LEGIT!!!  We also had a meeting with Elder Bednar this morning!  I got to shake his hand and all that good stuff!  But the coolest part to me was that it really hit me how human he is.  He is just a normal guy.  He doesn’t have wings or do things that are supernatural.  The only thing that is supernatural about him is his calling.  But he’s just a normal guy!  Needless to say, it was an awesome meeting and the first time I got to meet a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  Very very memorable weekend  =)
         
The week was really good and I learned a TON!  I would love to fill you all in on every detail of Elder Bednar and Bishop Stevenson, but we all know that time won’t allow that. So let’s just leave it at this:  THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!    #ThatJustHappened
        
I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your love and support!  Keep up the good work!  Be good, be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Dylan Miles Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment