Monday, April 7, 2014

Whuddup!!!!!

Quote of the week:  "I don’t have a girlfriend.  I just know a girl who would be really mad if she heard me say that." - Elder Wigginton

How’s it goin’ everybody!?!?!  Man, this week was SUUUUPER fast.  Extremely fast.  I’ll give y’all the summary really quick.
 
Monday we went to Farol and ran around to finish stuff up for our Leadership Council.  We managed to get everything done but, as always, we got back to the house a little behind.  I feel like I never have time to do everything that I need to do now a days!
 
Tuesday was our Leadership Council.  It was weird because President wasn’t there, but it was still good!  We gave a huge training on faith and enduring.  Our Mission had a good month so our biggest worry was that they would relax and stop working as hard.  We totally used the part of Star Wars where Luke tries to lift up the X-Wing and couldn’t because he didn’t believe and then Yoda totally burns him.  It was awesome.  Everyone wanted the video afterwards . . . Hhahahaha.
 
That afternoon, we headed off to Aracaju to go on splits with the Zone Leaders there.  Awesome splits and really great to be able to see how other people work and help them out.  Funny that they were nervous to have us there . . . I’m just a kid too!  I also ate Açaí two times while I was there because . . . It is the best food in the world.
 
Thursday morning, I had to wake up at 4:20 to be able to get the bus.  We got there on time but the other ZLs that were with Elder Wigginton were behind.  We thought our bus left 6:30, so the plan was to get there at 6 to be sure everything went alright.  Well they got there at like 6:15 and then we discovered that our bus LEFT at 6:15 -_______-  That’s why you always need to be EARLY to stuff!!!!  So we had to change our bus to 12:30 . . . We just sat around that whole day basically . . . Haha.

Friday was our ONLY day to work.  So we just did everything we could to follow up on Lucas, Samara and Wedja.
 
Saturday!  General Conference!  AWESOME.  I miss watching in English because I miss hearing the tones of their voice.  It’s pretty hard for me to focus in Portuguese because their mouths don’t match up and they talk with zero emotion . . . But all in all it was good.  I loved the talk (Don’t remember who) that talked about "Selective Obedience".  SO TRUE.  We do that a lot . . . Haha.  And the other talk that he said, "This is how I am".  SO TRUE TOO!  We just have to change.  Loved it, loved it, loved it.
 
Between the first and second sessions on Saturday we Baptized Wedja, Samara and Lucas.  Super fun!  I loved it!  Saturday was perfect.

Baptism of Lucas, Wedja, and Samara  :-)
 
Sunday also was amazing.  General Conference is always the best.
 
Soooo . . . I don’t know if you all realized but they announced it in the Conference.  President Gonzaga was called to be an Area Seventy!!!!  He didn’t even tell us he was going . . . Haha.  We just found out when they said his name.  All the Missionaries went nuts!!!  My head almost exploded I was so dang excited!  There were a bunch of Missionaries at the conference that got to see him which made me pretty jealous. But apparently he has to go out there AT LEAST every April now soooo . . . I will get to see him and Sister still!  YES!  My new goal is to get married in April so that they can be there!  Hahahahha
 
Great week!  Next week is gonna be nuts too!  LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Dylan Miles Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment