Monday, January 20, 2014

TRANSFERS!!!!!

Well, hello!!!!!!!!!

Dang!  This week was a good one.  I’m gonna get right down to the nitty gritty . . . Ednaldo and Cleide were Baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy joy of my life.  We really weren’t sure exactly what was going to happen with them because Ednaldo was being really difficult with smoking and they were both still drinkin’ coffee  . . . But we taught them a lesson and they got a lot firmer out of nowhere.  Then, the next day, our District Leaders went there to do the Baptismal Interview and they both passed!!!  The Baptism was such an amazing feeling . . . There is seriously nothing better than to see a family taking the first step towards becoming an eternal family.  I’m so grateful for eternal families . . . For real.  I’ve been thinking a lot about that these days . . . There are so many amazing people that are married "until death".  I hate that phrase with a passion.  Eternity sounds much better.  Ednaldo and Cleide = Eternity.  Year from now . . . TEMPLE!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
I read some legit stories this last week in the Old Testament . . . First off, the story of Job.  If you start in chapter one, it talks about all the blessings he received from the Lord.  The Lord promises that if he is faithful in his tribulations that he will receive all of these things doubled.  At the end of his story, you will see how he has all things given in double.  In the beginning, he has 7 sons and 3 daughters (If I remember correctly) and in the end when all things are doubled he receives . . . 7 sons and 3 daughters!!!  When I heard that I was really confused and thought my math was way off cuz he received the same number of kids . . . Then I learned that Job never lost his kids when they died . . . Because families are eternal!  When we are sealed in the temple our families become eternal!  Job received double because he never lost his first 10 children =)
       
Other story:  1 Chronicles 29:5-9.  Just read it and think about one word: Sacrifice.  Do we serve happily or complaining about our difficulties?
       
In other news!!!  I was transferred!  I don’t know where to just yet but I will be sure to fill you all in next week  =)
       
The Zone had seven Baptisms this week which is for sure much better than the other weeks but we still have a ton that we need to improve.  But we ARE improving which is the good thing =)
         
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Be good, be safe, write lots!  LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Dylan Miles Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment