Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Whew!!!!!

The Best Weapon
"Nobody knows what it means but its provacative. 
IT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING!"


Howdy Hey!

Do I always say "howdy" in my letters? I think Grandpa is, in some mysterious way, rubbing off on me half way around the world.  #WEIRD

 This last week was lots of work but it was #BEAUTIFUL.  This week we met a family, but only two of the daughters are actually interested it seems like . . . Fernanda, who is 13, and Sabrina, who is 11, both went to church with us and looooved it.  It was amazing to see how much some of the members helped them to feel at home.  I could tell that they were uncomfortable in the first class, but when they found friends everything was #LEGIT!  It was super funny because Sabrina made friends and her friend tried to get her to bear her testimony . . . Hahahahahaha.  She didn’t end up doing it which is good cuz it wouldn’t make any sense for a nonmember to do . . . Haha.  There was also a girl that bore her testimony that does that weird complaining and super high pitch voice when she cries and talks and all that I wanted to do was yell, "She doesn’t even go here!!!"   But I resisted.  It was a challenge.  But I did it.
           
Ramon watched a baptism on Saturday with us, but apparently went somewhere super early on Sunday morning (rain is falling) and didn’t go to church . . . BUT church was legit because!  Jayne was there!  And the Gospel Principles class was . . . #BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!  It was sooooo perfect!  We always talk about baptism with Jayne so it was awesome to have someone else teach it and help her feel the Spirit.  She felt like she hadn’t received an answer yet, but after church I asked her how it was and what she learned and she just said, "Baptism. Something touched me today and gave me the will to be baptized."  #WIN!!!!!!  So we went to her house a few hours after church and she is totally firm for baptism this Saturday  =)  We only really need to teach tithing but I don’t believe that it will be too difficult.  "Tudo posso naquele que me fortalece."   #YES!
           
Our Zone is still struggling a bit.  I don’t know what it is.  It’s just a rough time for the Mission.  I think a lot of Missionaries are discouraged and tired and have forgotten why they are here.  We even have a kid in our Zone who has "Emotional Migraines" and they are getting worse because of the pressure as a DL.  

The week was really good  =)  I think that lesson I learned last week made ALL the difference which is a huge blessing.  #JustKeepSwimming
         
Well, I love you all!!!!  Be good, be safe!  Hoping to get a bunch of letters at our ZL Counsel tomorrow.  I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!


Love, Elder Dylan Miles Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment