Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What's up, family!!!!!!!

Fact . . . President Kimball looks like Yoda.  Look.  It’s super cool / creepy . . .

Well, this week was solid.  Nothin’ too special.  Just the same old classes and what not.  I sent home a letter and a few pictures today, so hopefully y’all will get those soon!  This week was pretty good.  Not too much trouble with anyone.  Of course, nothing goes perfectly, but it was definitely better than Week One!  Haha!

We got new Brazilian roommates this week – Elders Thomazinho and Silva.  Both are super cool and neither speak any English.  Luckily, our first Brazilian roommates spoke a little English so we could learn from them.  But now we HAVE to speak Portuguese and we are learning fast!  Elder Silva has an accent that’s super hard to understand.  I don’t know how to explain it.  It’s lots of “sh” and “ja”noises.  That doesn’t explain much, but people who know Portuguese would get it . . . Haha . . . So, we are learning!  Depending on the person, I can understand most of what is being said, but not all the time.  Depends what context everything is being used in as well.  No matter what, though, I’ve learned more here in a few weeks than I did in two and a half years of Spanish classes!  Haha!  So . . . Gift of tongues indeed!

My camera miraculously started working again . . . And then stopped again . . . And then worked again.  So, I don’t know what the deal is!  Very unpredictable!  But, I just used Elder Krause’s camera today and that worked out pretty well.  I think I sent three pictures home and will for sure have one more next week . . . Haha . . . I don’t really have a variety of things to take pictures of here and we can only use our cameras on P-Day, so you’ll basically have to wait until I get to Maceio for good ones!

Can you believe I’m in my fifth week?  Three days and I’ll have been here for a month already!  What I really think is cool, though, is that I’ll be in week seven by the time I was originally supposed to get here!  AWESOME!  Not regretting the decision to come early at all.  Lovin’ every bit of it!

I got to sing with a kinda small group of people in devotional yesterday, so that was pretty fun.  Not like Chanticleer, but still fun to sing again with people who know what they’re doing . . . Haha . . .

Well . . . I really don’t know what else to say for now.  Oh!  Asi!  Tell him I’m pumped for him  J  I wanted him to come to Brazil, but I know that Canada must be where he needs to be!

I keep forgetting to tell you how much I LOVE your letters, Momma.  They make my weeks.  Every day, Missionaries just wait to open those boxes at dinner time and every time I get one from you I’m sooooooo excited!  The pictures and everything!  I just love having visuals and knowing what’s goin’ on back home.  I can’t respond very often with real letters, but please know how much I love them!

It doesn’t rain every day, but for a few days it was pretty rainy.  Like my second week, we even had a black out . . . Haha!  Today and yesterday have been beautiful though!  I don’t feel much of a difference with humidity any more.  At first it was obvious, but I don’t remember what it’s like to not have it any more . . . Haha!

Please know that I’m doing great and I’m very happy and VERY blessed to be here  J

Oh!  Today I got to spend some time all alone in the Celestial Room at the Temple . . . It was the most relaxed I’ve been in a long time.  Love, love, loved it!

Well . . . I love you all!  I pray for you all every day!  Please keep sendin’ me letters and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of pictures!  I like to show off the ones that Kim and Dallas sent me to other Missionaries.  I carry them in my pocket  J  So, please keep sendin’ pictures and letters!  I wanna hear from everyone!  I love you all sooooooo much!

 Love - Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment