Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Herro!



Well!  Week four already!  Crazy, huh?  Next week I’ll have been here for a month already!  Crazy!

Not too much really happened this week.  Everything is very, very routine.  Wake up, get ready, language study, lunch, language study, dinner, language study.  As well as teaching our teacher investigators once a day.

We taught one of our investigators yesterday and I really felt like it was the first time we were in total control of the meeting.  And the Spirit was soooooo strong!  It made me want to be out in the field so bad!  It doesn’t help that I have a lot of friends leavin’ this upcoming week, too.  I’m really gonna miss some of these Missionaries!  Our Brazilian roommates and all the Brazilians that arrived with them left yesterday morning.  I WANTED TO CRY.  It’s much quieter and cleaner with them gone . . . Haha . . . But they were so much fun!  We all traded ties the night before they left (of course my J Crew ones were off the market), and then exchanged notes on the back.  Elder Dos Anjos wrote, “Boa Missao, Elder Jensen!  You are succeed!”  Haha . . . I was laughing so hard but it’s definitely going to be one of the things I laugh about every time I wear that tie from now on.  We might get new roommates today or tomorrow.  I couldn’t really say.  I guess we’ll find out today or tomorrow!!!

The week went much better District-wise and stress-wise.  Everyone seems a little more down to earth and relaxed this week which is really nice.  And the language is still comin’ along!  I can hold small conversations and do a lot of teaching.  But there are a lot of words I don’t know that have to do with basic conversations so I know I’ll just have to wait for that to come . . . And for my mind to process everything a little bit faster!

I wish I could tell you all more, but it would be complete repetition from here on out . . . If I think of something in the next eighteen minutes, I will send another e-mail . .. Haha . . .

Everything is goin’ great.  Time is flying just like everyone said it would.  When I look forward, I feel like I have forever, but when I look back, I can’t believe it’s already been almost a month.

Did you manage to send all those addresses of friends and family, Momma?  I’ve been writing letters but have nowhere to send them at the moment . . . Haha . . .

Bad news . . . Last week the camera broke.  No . . . I didn’t drop it.  Something must have happened with the lens.  I can see pictures that are on the card so the screen works totally fine.  But when I go to take a picture, the screen is just pink and won’t take pictures.  Should I send the camera home?  Or what do you think is the best plan?  At this point, it looks like I might not have any pictures at the CTM . . . Unless I take some with my Companion’s camera and go get them printed which I can definitely do!

I’ve been using my voice recorder a lot!  I absolutely love recording things . . . Haha . . . I would send the first tape, but I feel like it was a lot of my first week which was really hard and I don’t wanna make you all sad, so I will probably wait until I leave the CTM and will send the first along with the second which has more funny stuff on it!  Haha . . . I think you all will enjoy the recordings.

Has Asi received his Mission Call yet???????????????  I wanna know where he’s goin!!!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE, please, please find out as soon as possible.

I love you all with all my heart and LOVED getting more letters this week.  At dinner, the Missionaries just stare at the mailbox waiting for Sister Steadman to go put in the mail.  It’s like waiting in line to buy an iPhone or something.  Everyone gets super excited and it happens every night!!!!!  Haha . . . I love hearing from you all, so please keep sendin’ letters whenever you can and I will write back when I can!

What is the best way to send those recordings home, Ma?  Would it be safe to wrap ‘em up and put ‘em in an envelope with the plastic cases?  Or should I buy a little box?  Lemme know what you think is best.

Well . . . All of your other questions should be answered in thee-mail I just sent!  I love you so much, Momma!  And everyone in my District knows who you are . . . Everyone even calls you Momma J.  I love you with all my heart and LOVED getting more letters this week at dinner.  Yea . . . I guess I kinda talk about you all too much and get a little too excited when I get letters from you . . . Haha . . .

I sure do love you all!  The Lord is blessing me so much out here and I have grown so much in just three weeks.  I can’t imagine what 23 more months will do to me (in a good way)!  I LOVE YOU!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment