Monday, February 18, 2013

Hey Hey You You I don't like your boyfriend!



Howdy ya´ll!!!!

Well, well, well . . . Where should I start?  This week, we honestly didn’t get too much done.  Carnaval basically killed everything until like Thursday and then we got way held up by some less actives that just wanted to talk FOR DAYS about any possible thing!  Haha . . . It is a woman and her husband and their son is the leader of the young men.  They just kinda have difficulties forgiving people and letting things go . . . I actually was kinda amazed at how frustrated they were . . . I will have to talk to my Bishopric and get some people over there to help them out . . . All of you . . . Promise not to hold grudges, alright?  They are freakin’ ridiculous . . .

Unfortunately, I did not win the most letters award at Zone Conference this week   :(  Haha . . I don’t think anyone did. A ll the mail got super help up because of Carnaval.  Brasil is funny.  When there are holidays, EVERYONE and EVERYTHING takes the day off!  Haha . . . So next time my pile of letters should be HUGE!!!! I  didn’t get one letter from you, Momma!  It was crazy!  But it’s okay, it will be perfect when it all gets to me  =)
      
I had splits this week with an Elder in our District named Elder Soares.  That day was kinda a rough one for me actually.  Elder Soares could tell and he just looked at me and said, "I know what you need.  Do you want a blessing of comfort?"  I was just . . . How did I not think of that sooner?  I realized . . . How foolish are we all!?  We have this amazingggggg authority and yet sometimes we get so caught up in the moment that we forget how easy it could be to feel better!!!  We have the Priesthood!  Needless to say, I gladly accepted his offer of a blessing and I could not BELIEVE what I felt.  Never before in my life had I felt my mind be so incredibly clear and relaxed so fast.  The moment he started talking, everything was just . . . Good.  There was light at the end of the tunnel.  Not just at the end, the whole dang tunnel was full of light really . . . Haha.  It was SO cool.  I will be forever thankful for what Elder Soares did that day for me.  I think it’s a good lesson for us all to learn NOW - The Priesthood can and will change your life if we use it and accept it with faith.  I think it worked so well for me that day because I really had all my hope and faith in what Elder Soares was doing.  How spoiled are we? :)
     
And of course!!!  Nara was Baptized!!!  She was really nervous during the week because her mom wasn’t totally supportive, but she wasn’t stopping her either.  Soooo . . . I stole my Zone Leader´s idea and asked her if we could say a prayer right then and there to know if she should be baptized this week.  And after the prayer, no one talk, just listen to the Spirit.  And . . . We did!  And after the prayer while we were listening, the Spirit was SOOOOO strong.  When I asked Nara what she wanted to do she said, "I really want to be baptized, THIS Saturday"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HECK YES YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nara was baptized.  So awesome.  How often do we forget the simple things!?  Like listenin’ to the Spirit.  Pray, Listen, Act, Listen :)


    
I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Be good, be safe, A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Últimos Dias is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOVE YOU!!!!

Love, Elder Dylan Miles Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment