Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm not allowed to have a bad day!


Week 8!

This week was good!  Nothin’ too exciting of course once again . . . Haha . . . But it was solid.  I learned a looooooot this week about leadership and really stepping up when you need to.  I’ve never been in a TRUE leadership role, so it’s definitely a work in progress.  Just about gettin’ things done when they have to get done.  I was havin’ a bad day, but I realized . . . I’m not allowed to have a bad day!  Cuz I have to be the example and make everyone else want to be here and help others to achieve their goals.  Leadership is just service and I think I had kinda forgotten that.  But, that night I prayed a lot about it cuz I just wasn’t happy that day and all of a sudden the next day, the Spirit just . . . WHAM.  I was so happy again all of a sudden and remembered what I needed to be doin’.  Pretty cool  J  Prayers really are answered if we pray with everything we’ve got!!!!!

Other than that, nothin’ too exhilarating . . . Two weeks and I’ll be out there doin’ what I came here to do!  I feel as ready as ever!  Depending on the accent, I can carry conversations with people in only Portuguese and I’m able to teach most of the lessons!  Nothin’ is anywhere near perfect, of course, but the Lord really has answered my prayers for the Gift of Tongues (shout out to Derek for always helping me remember to pray for that and say “thank you” for that)!

Elder Reese and Elder Jacob leave this next week . . . I don’t know if I have mentioned them before actually.  But they are really my and Elder Krause’s two best friends here.  I can’t begin to explain how much I look up to Elder Jacob . . . That guy is a spiritual giant.  It’s so cool how much he has taught me and I don’t think any of it was even intentional.  But . . . I sent five pictures home today and one of them was with those two Elders, so you will see them soon, hopefully!  I’m gonna miss them a ton . . . That last week is going to be reeeeeeally hard without them.  We are always spendin’ time with them, but they are going to be GREAT missionaries!

Mom!  I met Elder Anderson!  The one that is goin’ to Maceio that I had added on Facebook . . . Haha . . . Pretty cool!  Here’s really nice and cool.  There are four or five others that came in with him that will be goin’ to Maceio as well.  But I’m so happy I’m gonna beat ‘em there!  MWAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all so much!  Be good, be safe, write me lots and I’ll try my best to write back!  And send me lots of pictures . . . The Gospel is OH SOOOOOO GOOD.  Pronto sempre pronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment