Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Howdy!!!!


Fact . . . After nine weeks with seven Sisters, I am much more prepared for marriage than for a Mission . . .

Well!  Not too much to report on . . . Just one thing!  We got to go proselyting on Monday!  Did I spell that right?  It was our first time.  SO FUN!  So, when I approached the first man, I stuck out my hand and said “Hi!  My name is Elder Jensen” and he tried to ignore me, but I was just lovin’ his awkwardness of trying to ignore me, so I just stood there for like 15 seconds until he finally acknowledged me.  Hahahahaha!  Aaaaaand . . . Then he said he didn’t like our Church.  YAY!  I finally felt like a true Missionary!  My first ever shut down    After that, we talked with a girl who believed in the Bible and was Catholic so we just had to compare the Book of Mormon and the Bible and she was very interested and accepting!  Pretty cool!  We felt legit.  We talked with two girls who wanted to talk about the Plan of Salvation . . . One guy ran across the street TO US to find out where our Church was and to learn more about it!  That was crazy!  The Lord was seriously blessing us out there.  We were understanding the majority of what people had to say all thanks to the Spirit.  I could tell Elder Krauser was nervous ‘cause he was acting all pumped up the whole day . . . Haha . . . It was pretty funny.  But when the time came, we were both ready and we let the Spirit do all the work!

Favorite part . . . We were walkin’ on a street and we met a lady but she kinda blew us off.  She was nice, but said she had to give keys to someone (we were right by a ton of apartments), so we let her go and kept walking.  But, we realized soon enough that we were going to walk straight onto the freeway.  Now, for those of you who don’t know, walking onto the freeway is a bad idea MOST of the time.  So, we decided not to do that.  We turned around and began walking back, and just as we did, we saw that same lady at the bus stop!  Just chillin’!  Hahahaha . . . So, as soon as she saw us she hunched over and covered her face with her hand and phone.  Oh my gosh . . . It was so priceless.  Elder Krause and I couldn’t stop laughing.  

Overall though . . . AWESOME first experience proselyting!  We gave out seven Books of Mormon and really had as much success as we could have hoped for.  The Lord really answered my prayers and I know that he was answering all of yours as well  

Other than that, nothin’ too exciting.  Elders Reese and Jacob left this week which was really hard.  They were Elder Krause and my best friends out here.  REALLY gonna miss them, especially Elder Jacob.  That guy is gonna be a Prophet, I swear.  He said he looked up to me and learned from me . . . pffffff . . . I learned more from that Elder over these past eight weeks than he could ever know.  And none of it was ever intentional on his part.  He is truly an amazing Missionary and person.  He and Elder Reese are gonna kill it out there!

Well, that’s about it for this week    We get to go proselyting in the middle of downtown next week which should be way different but just as fun!  This week we just kind of stayed around the CTM . . . We are ready to switch it up!

I don’t know if I will be able to e-mail you all next week so if I don’t, please don’t panic.  I’ll just be out there doin’ work and I promise to e-mail you the moment I get the chance!  I’m so excited!  The Lord has truly prepared me for this time in my life for the past nineteen years and I’m glad that I finally get to pay Him back in some small way.

I love you all so much!!!!!!  Be good!  Next time I talk to you all, I will be in Maceio!  Pronte Sempre Pronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment